We are extremely proud to have over 1000+ Aveda Institute Portland graduates who have flourished locally, nationally, and internationally. We are committed to our Alumni’s success by providing complimentary advanced education, creative outlets, and on-going placement opportunities. Below are a just a few local salons and spas where you will find an Aveda Graduate!
Array Beauty Company LLC
Array Beauty Company has opened a new location at Riverpoint Salon & Spa located on the beautiful Rose Villa campus. We are a local beauty company with a vision to promote sustainable beauty practices in an industry that we believe promotes wellbeing and self-care. We have immediate openings for Licensed Cosmetologists including Hair Stylists, Nails Technicians and Estheticians.
Array Beauty Company is proud to offer its signature salon and spa treatments at Riverpoint Wellness Center. We are located on Main Street at Rose Villa's Riverpoint Salon & Spa. Our beauty and wellness business is anchored by a 22-acre campus that is home to a large resident clientele as well as full and part-time staff that service Rose Villa's residents. Rose Villa is continuously promoting their ongoing vision of sustainable living by building net-zero resident neighborhoods, reducing its carbon footprint by including alternative energy and solar power sources, and by providing recycling and community composting programs.
Sustainable beauty culture with quality products:
Our mission at Array Beauty Company is to support sustainable beauty practices by sourcing the highest quality products available from environmentally responsible companies. We work exclusively with Davines for our salon business, Hydropeptide for our spa treatments, CND for our nail services and Cirépl Parisian Wax for our epilation offerings.
Array Beauty Company is committed to supporting continuing education for all of our technicians. We offer scholarship opportunities as well as a commitment to bringing in industry leaders for onsite continued training and development.
Job Requirements: Current Oregon Cosmetology License
Reecia's Salon & Spa
We have career opportunities available for hair professionals who are creative, talented, enjoy providing excellent customer service, staying current with fashion, learning, and goal setting. We provide flexible schedules, training/mentoring and advanced education, a professional team environment in a high-class salon. Whitefish is a beautiful place to live offering limitless outdoor activities.
Seeking Aveda school graduates with solid Aveda product knowledge and Aveda culture who thrive in a collaborative environment, looking to build a career as a professional hairstylist. Foundational core cutting and basic color formulation knowledge required.
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa
Spa Sales Associate
Hand and Stone is seeking a Spa Associate. You are a critical link in ensuring that our customers' experience in our spa is nothing other than OUTSTANDING! The primary Qualifications and Requirements of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service to members/guests
- Welcome and greet members/guests upon arrival
- Answer phones, book appointments, sell memberships, gift cards and upgrades
- Follow proper filing procedures/file maintenance
- Promote health/wellness benefits of massage therapy
- Maintain a professional and clean work environment & appearance
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Team player Perform various other duties as assigned
What’s in it for you?
- Hourly wage plus commissions and bonuses
- Flexible schedules
- Professional and safe work environment
- Employee discounts
- Employee rewards program/employee referral bonus contests
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application, Spa Soft (will train) and basic accounting principles
- Excellent personal appearance, good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and multitask with ease all while focusing on the guest
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa
Are you looking for a dynamic working environment with lots of perks? Then look no further because Hand and Stone wants to talk to you!!
We are in search of a Licensed Esthetician looking for a long-term role in a stable and positive environment. You are a critical link in ensuring that our customers' experience in our spa is nothing other than OUTSTANDING! Your expertise in skin care and product knowledge will make you an important part of our team. We book your appointments and provide all supplies so you can focus on the client.
Experience for yourself what makes Hand and Stone like no other spa in the world!
- Experienced and recently graduated estheticians welcome!
- Perform consecutive 50 minute facials, Microdermabrasion, hair removal and other skin care services
- Exhibit a strong desire to help others and promote the health and wellness benefits of facials while making appropriate recommendations on product purchases as well as facial frequency
- Must adhere to local and state licensing/certification laws and regulations
- Must carry professional liability insurance
- Knowledge and understanding of all spa services and product line as it relates to estheticians
- Must be customer service oriented
- Positive attitude
- Team player Maintain a professional and clean work environment & appearance
What we Offer:
- Base salary and competitive commission structure
- Free hands-on training
- Steady clientele
- Flexible schedules
- Employee rewards program/employee referral bonus
- Discounts on professional insurance & other employee discount programs
- Continuing education webinars/reimbursement
- Professional and safe work environment
- Must comply with local and state licensing laws and regulations
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic
- Able to work flexible days and hours
- Professional manner, discretion and appearance
- Esthetics License
- Liability Insurance
Ulta Beauty - Jantzen Beach
Ulta Beauty takes great pride in continually searching for passionate beauty lovers, with unique qualities and skills, to join our team. We invite you to submit your application as we may have positions open now or in the near future, depending on current business needs.
Under direct supervision, consults with customers on their hair needs, recommends professional hair care services and products. A Designer (Hairstylist) delivers quality technical service with emphasis on the customer’s total look and is responsible for building a request client base through referrals and utilizing promotional materials available, while following all company policies and procedures. Must be 18 years to apply.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a Designer you will perform the following essential functions…
- Acknowledge and greet all Guests and offers friendly, prompt, and courteous service.
- Utilize product prescriptions sheets to prescribe professional salon products to all salon guests.
- Meet or exceed all individual sales and productivity goals.
- Attend all ULTA mandatory educations events and workshops.
- Assist in store duties (e.g., filling Salon retail displays and shelves.)
- Adhere to ULTA Salon standards for guest service and cleanliness.
- Adhere to salon dress code, changing hair color and style frequently.
Experience we are looking for…
- Cosmetology diploma, no relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Cosmetology license.
- Proficiency with latest salon techniques.
- Proficiency with use of equipment needed to perform technical work.
- Developed communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach with hands and arms.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance.
- On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
Frenchies Modern Nail Care
Nail Technician Full-Time/ Part-Time
Frenchies is the newest, most exciting nail salon franchise in the nation! Frenchies takes pride in cleanliness and an excellent guest experience! This is where you fit in-you are a licensed manicurist or cosmetologist who thrives on providing an excellent experience, loves getting creative, and enjoys working with a team! If you are self-motivated, energetic, positive, goal oriented, and looking for an opportunity to grow your career, we want to hear from you!
Nail Technician Responsibilities
- Provide excellent manicure and pedicure services to guests
- Assist team in maintaining the cleanliness of the salon
- Always serve guests throughout the salon
- Contribute to team goals
Nail Technician Benefits
- Work in a TEAM environment
- Dependable fair pay structure
- Set weekly schedule and hours
- Discount on services and products
- Use of only top-notch high-quality products
- Career opportunity
- Continuous training
Studio location: 1885 NW Quimby St. #101A&B, Portland OR 97209
Start date: January 2019
- Manicurist or cosmetology license
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Able to work at least one weekend day
- Salon Experience preferred
The Honey Pot
We are looking to add a second nail technician to our trendy boutique spa in St Johns. We use only cruelty free products and have lacquer, gel, and dip powder services. Training is provided and there is a ton of flexibility with scheduling.
Licensed nail technician. If you also are an esthetician, we have other services you could do as well.
Bishops Cuts and Color
We are currently hiring passionate cosmetologists who deliver high quality results and great customer service. Do you have clipper skills and stay up to date on the latest coloring methods? We want to meet you!
- Sign on Bonus
- Relaxed but professional work environment
- No dress code
- Competitive pay
- Online booking
- Opportunities for growth
- Free education
- Being part of an established brand
If you are interested in learning more about Bishops, please call Lynn Netz at 503-539-5329 or email at [email protected]
- Top notch technical skills
- Current Cosmetology license
- Great customer service
- Positive team member
- Personal integrity
Stylist - Full Time/Part Time Lease
Hello! We are looking for a few stylists to join us in building the perfect power family for our brand new salon. Currently, both owners (Zach and Julie) have full books and can not take on new clients - this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to build! We are receiving calls and walk-ins and would love to help these potential clients find their forever stylist.
Harris Harper is a beautifully curated salon on the ground floor of SW 12th/Yamhill on the edge of the downtown action in Portland's West End neighborhood. Both owners graduated from the Aveda Institute and completed the apprentice program at The National Beauty where they worked together for a number of years before making their dreams come true by opening Harris Harper. The salon carries Kevin.Murphy products and Zach is a Color.Me educator, added bonus!
Currently available are both Full and Part Time lease positions, which include benefits such as: education, online booking, towels, backbar wash/rinse, beverages, commission on product sales, and more. Please reach out to discuss these options.
If our mission statement gets you excited about working with us, let us know!!
Harris Harper is home to passionate stylists looking to create beauty in the world and to build meaningful, lifelong relationships with clients.
The salon is the vision of Harris Zachary Hirsch and Julie Harper Brown, who share the belief that their clients deserve matchless style, world-class technique, and great company — and that clients and stylists both benefit from a caring and professional environment. Zach and Julie want nothing more than to send you into the world feeling confident and excited about how you look.
Harris Harper is a safe space where all are welcome.
Bishops Cuts and Colors
With a counter-cultural heritage, a contemporary aesthetic, and openness to all-ages and all-genders, BISHOPS is serious about hair and irreverent about most other things. This is more than a place to get a haircut, it’s a full-on experience.
We offer a-la-carte pricing for haircuts, trims, hairstyling, coloring, blending, shaves, shampoo services, blowouts, conditioning and more, plus an unpretentious staff, being open 7 days a week from the early morning to the late night, and affordability ensures that BISHOPS barbershop salon makes self-care and hair care accessible.
What we give you...
Competitive salary + service and retail commission Opportunity for sales bonuses Total compensation package + Health Care Free, top of the line, ongoing education No dress code An incredibly welcoming environment
Passionate about hair. A force to be reckoned with. You’re (possibly) a little weird and (totally) down with getting weird because life’s too short to not enjoy every day.
Develop and build a team
Develop and manage stylists with understanding and knowledge Cut/color short and long hair Now how to communicate well – verbally and in writing Are aware of the operational facets of a barbershop salon (or directly relevant) business
Worked in a fast-paced, high-volume environment Experience in management High-energy, proven ability to work with a broad diversity of people and workgroups Five years’ experience as a licensed hair technician with the ability to teach technical skills to staff Up to date cosmetology licensing
Bishops Cuts and Colors
-A mentorship program designed to empower you to be better at your craft -It’s completely free and fully customized for each individual’s skillset -We do a technical interview to assess where a candidate is with their skills so we can best figure out how to support each individual on their journey to become a world-class hairstylist.
-One-on-one hands-on education that’s completely centered around each individual. We won’t give you a lesson in something you’re already great at & we won’t make you reschedule your life to participate.
-Taught by a dedicated team from within our Education Department that are proven experts in the material they will be teaching. All of our mentors are currently working in the field and are on top of the newest/best trends and techniques.
-An environment where you are welcome, encouraged even, to be yourself and let your freak flag fly (or your super professional flag, whatever flag you want)! We believe that different is good and different should be celebrated.
- Licensed Cosmetologist/Hair Technician
Benefit Brow Bar
PT Cosmo or Esti
- Facial waxing
- Makeup application
- Benefit Cosmetic Sales
Job Requirements: Current License in Oregon. Available weekends. Sales experience, customer service.
We are Portland's friendliest high end salon located in the Pearl District, recently named one of the "Top 20 Portland Salons" by expertise.com for the 2nd year in a row! We host numerous continuing education classes every year, with a full spa and an amazing team. Are you one of us? Must be skilled in cutting and coloring. Owner is a Goldwell educator, Oribe, KMS California, SkinCeuticals. Clientele preferred but not necessary. What is necessary? A good attitude and willingness to learn. Only hard working team players need apply. Please email your resume [email protected] or bring in person.